Just got your authority and need insurance? You may have found that getting the best deal on truck insurance is tough when you are a new venture.
We can help. We can bring you 3 trucking insurance agents that are competitive with new drivers and they will compete for your business.
Let 3 quotes roll in and select the winner. May the best agent win!
Semi Truck Insurance Tips for New CDL Drivers
- Shop around. Some insurance carriers are wary of new cdl drivers so it pays to shop around and find the companies that are competitive with new trucking operations.
- Radius of Operation. In the beginning, the insurance company may limit your radius of operation. Make sure your business plan allows for a smaller radius in the beginning. As you gain more experience you can increase the distance you haul goods.
- Personal Credit. Truck insurance companies have found that there is a correlation between your credit score and the possibility of future claims. Do what you can to bring up your score in order to qualify for the best rates.
- CDL experience. If you have less than 2 years CDL experience, it will be difficult to find insurance and get the best price.
- Shop your policy again in 12 months. After you get insurance, check back in a year to see if you qualify for a lower rate. Some nice claims free experience goes a long way in reducing your premiums.
- Above all, stay safe. Check your SAFER scores online and try to keep it clean. Out of Services infractions will translate into higher premiums. It pays to be safe.
Find the Best New Venture Trucking Insurance Company
There are a lot of companies that will write new ventures, but most are very expensive. There are companies out there that have very good rates for new cdl drivers, though. You just have to find them and get quotes. The reward for shopping is high and you could save several thousand dollars in your first year premium by finding the right company.
Some companies penalize new ventures because there is no track record, but other companies that want market share are willing to lower their costs and look at other factors like CDL experience and personal credit. Regardless of where you stand, finding the best deal will help save valuable funds as you are getting started in the business. Just make sure to not sacrifice coverage in an effort to get a better deal. You can get the coverage you need and the price you need by comparison shopping.
Commercial Trucking Insurance for New Owner Operators leasing onto a MC
This is a great way to get started in trucking and you can decide down the road if you want to get your own authority. The company you lease on with will cover the liability insurance. You should still do some comparison shopping in order to save the most money on your insurance.
We’ve helped tons of truckers get the best deal on their Physical Damage and Bobtail/NTL insurance by bringing them 3 competitive quotes from 3 truck insurance agents. We can help you too!
Get 3 Quotes
We have helped hundreds of New Ventures find a great deal on their insurance and we can help you too! It doesn’t matter if you are a New Venture from California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan or any State in between. We cover every state in the US! Our service is fast, efficient and free. Let’s get started!